Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Side Quests: White Trash Chile Relleno Casserole

Secret shame time! I loooooooove white trash meals. Chili dogs, Hamburger Helper, meatloaf, Salisbury steak, any sort of casserole that involves canned soup... you name it, if it's cheap and salty and something your mom probably made I will nom the hell out of it. As white trash casseroles go, this one is not too terribly unhealthy, but ohhh soooo delicioussssssss. In fact, I would totally eat it as a main dish. I'm not too proud.

Ingredients:
1 c. Bisquick
2 eggs
2 c. milk
16 oz. grated sharp or extra sharp cheddar
The big boy can green chiles (fire roasted, or once again if you have fresh roasted then dooo it!)

Gonna be SO GOOD



Start by layering the chiles in a 9x13 that has been cooking sprayed like soooo:

Aim for no uncovered spots

 Mix up the eggs, milk, an Bisquick. Cover the chiles with the cheese then dump the Bisquick mix over the top all willy-nilly:


And bake at 375 for 35-40 or the top is as brown as you like:

Yumyumyumyumyum

 Such a perfect blend of cheese and peppers and fluffy amazingness OMG white trash casseroles I love you so much!!!! You know it must be good if I'm willing to admit my secret shame.

*faints*


No comments:

Post a Comment